The importance of floor maintenance in a commercial establishment goes beyond its cosmetic appearance. The trained and certified floor technicians at Servi-Tek Facility Solutions understand that clean and well-maintained floors can leave a lasting impression on customers and improve employee productivity. It takes an experienced floor technician to ensure well-maintained carpets and floors and prevent the need for total floor replacement.
Responsibilities of Floor Technicians
The role of a floor technician is to maintain the sanitation and cleanliness of different areas in a facility. Their responsibilities are varied from operating cleaning equipment to organizing supplies and ensuring the floors are free of any obstructions. In small facilities, the floor technicians may be tasked with replenishing tissue and soap dispensers and disposing of trash. The range of duties and responsibilities followed by floor technicians depends on the type of facility being cleaned.
These are a few common responsibilities performed by Servi-Tek floor technicians:
Maintain carpets and floors
The primary duty of a floor cleaner is to clean and maintain floors and carpets in small and large facilities. The full-time floor technicians at Servi-Tek work under the direct supervision of qualified supervisors to prevent any accidental damage to your carpets and floors. The floor technicians are responsible for mopping, vacuuming, and scrubbing floors. They remove stains and ensure the floor and floor coverings are always in a presentable and hygienic state.
Assist with other cleaning tasks
A large facility has several cleaning requirements that need a dedicated team. Floor technicians are often part of such specialized cleaning teams because of their overall knowledge of floor care equipment and other cleaning services. Their services are vital in gymnasiums, hospitals, office complexes, shopping malls, and warehouses.
Organize supplies and other tasks
Servi-Tek takes pride in providing efficient and affordable cleaning services. This is why the floor technicians are trained to follow time and cost-effective measures. They make sure that all the cleaning carts are always fully stocked to tackle any emergency cleaning needs. They also have their personal protective equipment on to prevent any accidental liabilities from occurring.
The floor cleaning technician can be tasked with replenishing supplies in the break room, pantry, kitchen, and restrooms if required. An energetic floor tech can be asked to include high dusting as part of their job responsibilities. Pertaining, you need a reputable cleaning provider, such as Servi-Tek to ensure the floor technician has access to the required heavy equipment and knowledge for performing the duties of this job in a satisfactory manner.
Follow safety guidelines
Slip and fall accidents can leave your business open to liability. Floor technicians perform the important task of placing signs that alert people of wet and slippery floors. Besides this, they also ensure that any chemical cleaners or solvents used are as per safety regulations and guidelines.
Servi-Tek Checklist for Floor Technicians
The floor technicians at Servi-Tek are specifically trained in using high-speed power tools as part of routine cleaning and preventative maintenance. Special consideration is paid to maintaining clean floors by enhancing mechanical skills and improving safety precautions.
This a broad checklist followed by a Servi-Tek floor care technician to ensure spotless cleaning and disinfection of floor surfaces:
- Operating heavy-duty flooring equipment, including bugging machines and extractors
- Ensuring exceptional customer service by performing a good job and ensuring active communication channels
- Use of MSDS when mixing non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals
- Applying filler compounds and coats of finish to seal wooden floors
- Ensuring proper hard floor care
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and removal of dust from urinals, toilets, sinks, counters, and tables among other hard surfaces
- Using vacuum cleaners, floor polishers, floor strippers, and mops among other hand tools to ensure a spotless clean
- Inspect common areas and other spaces to perform water damage maintenance, including water extraction and antimicrobial application in both carpeted and uncarpeted areas
- High-quality carpet cleaning to remove dust and debris stuck within microfibers
- Cleaning and maintenance of oriental rugs
- Following OSHA standards and regulations for ensuring the safety of customers, visitors, and workers in a building
- Perform minor repairs on windows, floor tiles, doors, cleaning equipment, and ceiling tiles
- Provide necessary information to clients about repairing or replacing any damaged flooring and furnishing
- Use bonnet and extraction cleaning for executing professional upholstery and carpet cleaning
- Maintain a tidy appearance in the facility, including the smoking patios
- Assist supervisor in creating a personalized maintenance routine for the facility
Servi-Tek is an equal-opportunity employer and hires applicants on the basis of their qualifications, previous experience, interpersonal skills, and general ability to perform a good cleaning job. Servi-Tek ensures that every worker that comes to your facility is informed, knowledgeable, polite, friendly, and trained to do a good job.
Cleaning and Maintenance of Different Types of Floor
Floor maintenance requires a dedicated and customized strategy as per the type of flooring. In general, commercial buildings have more than one type of floor material – tile, rubber, hardwood, ceramic, and concrete. The right cleaning technician will ensure your floors are well-maintained with a long life. These are the common materials used in different floor surfaces and the type of individual care required.
Tiled floor care
Vinyl Composite Tiles (VCT) and ceramic tiles are the most common types of flooring used in workplaces. Deep and thorough maintenance programs help VCT tiles remain in their best condition. These tiles need machine scrub, rinsing, and buffing in order to remain sparklingly beautiful. An added layer of finish by the cleaning team members can help in achieving a more glossy and refined appearance.
Ceramic tile cleaning is more focused on the grouted areas to minimize the appearance of dirtier and darker grout lines. This needs to be performed in addition to a basic scrub, sweep, rinse and dry. The cleaning team at Servi-Tek ensures greater customer satisfaction by performing all tasks in a cost and time-efficient manner. You will also benefit from enhanced employee productivity by offering a neat, tidy, and clean work environment.
Carpeted floors need frequent vacuuming to prevent dirt and debris from embedding into the material. Carpets should be vacuumed at least once a week and deep cleaned every few months for a hygienic and clean appearance. You should have the floor care technician address any spills immediately. The floor care technician should also scrub floors by lifting removable rugs and carpets.
Concrete floor care
Concrete floors should be mopped and cleaned on a regular basis for retaining a pristine condition. Specialized equipment is used by professional cleaners as part of their quick dry and deep clean approach. The floor care techs at Servi-Tek apply sealants to enhance the appearance and durability of the flooring.
Rubber floor care
Rubber floors are the easiest to maintain. They require daily sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming to remain in good condition. However, you still need professional cleaners to meet the physical demands of removing dirt from hard-to-reach areas. You should hire commercial cleaners to apply floor stripping since the wrong chemicals and products can tarnish the finishing of the rubber flooring if not applied properly.
Floor Technicians of Servi-Tek Facility Maintenance are a Class Apart
These are a few things that make Servi-Tek floor technicians better than the rest:
- Active listening skills: Floor techs and their team of cleaning staff will listen to your instructions and ensure everything is done the way you want
- Attention to detail: The area is managed and cleaned thoroughly by paying regard and attention to the smallest detail
- Time management: Your time is important and it requires a punctual cleaning staff that adheres to set hours and schedules for providing customer satisfaction.
- Stamina: Cleaning floors is a demanding job that requires operating heavy-duty equipment. Floor technicians at Servi-Tek are energetic and motivated to perform a good job.
- Mechanical skills: Floor techs are savvy with mechanical equipment since the job requires using floor cleaning equipment and tools
Employers are responsible for providing health care at all job levels and positions. The best way of maintaining clean and hygienic work areas and offices is by hiring professional cleaners.
Need for Floor Maintenance for Your Facility
These are a few benefits of hiring professional cleaners for adequate floor maintenance in a commercial facility:
- Enhance employee productivity with clean flooring
- Floor care and cleaning ensure safety and hygiene in the commercial facility
- Improved cleanliness helps in boosting customer footfall and enhances the overall profit line
- Enhance the general durability of your floor and prevent having to reinvest before the time
Servi-Tek Facility Maintenance Delivers Quality Floor Care, Cleaning, and Maintenance Solutions
The cleaning and disinfection team at Servi-Tek Facility Solutions believes in creating a happy and healthy commercial space. Our services have helped various industries create a safe, hygienic, and inviting space for customers and employees. We believe that floors play an important role in creating first impressions and making a statement about the business. For this purpose, we employ specialized equipment and modernistic technologies to increase the longevity of your floors and other areas.
Schedule an appointment today to speak with trained and professional facility management personnel. Call 866-454-6185 or write to us online today.