Summer is just around the corner, and for many of us, that means longer days, greener grass, and a whole lot of seasonal sunshine. Do property managers and building owners feel the same?
Summer is the perfect time to evaluate the condition and performance of your HVAC system, so it’s ready to battle the scorching temperatures. The HVAC assessment checklist includes:
- Change filters (this will also reduce toxins in the air)
- Check damper functionality
- Gauge refrigerant levels
- Insulate and seal compromises in the ductwork to lower energy waste
Beyond the HVAC system, it’s also essential to check for inefficiencies and compromises throughout your building. A few helpful tips include:
- Take furniture and other obstructions away from vents to increase airflow
- Inspect doors and windows for leaks that may be letting cool air escape
- Install programmable thermostats to control excessive energy use
- Install energy-efficient lighting to save on energy costs as well as keep unused rooms cool
Seasonal storms, violent winds, and lightning can all cause damage to your facility and internal systems. If you don’t have an emergency preparedness plan, now is the time to create one. If you do have one, now is the time to review and update it to safeguard your facility, protect your capital assets, and ensure your staff knows exactly what to do in the event of a natural disaster.
Servi-Tek’s innovative tribe of facility management and janitorial cleaning professionals can get your facility ready for summer. Contact us today to learn more.